Wednesday 19 October 2011

Quick update on my orders

All of the parts have been ordered, fingers crossed the only extra items I either have already or can get from the new B&Q that has opened near me.

I drew up a little table for comparison purposes.

Supplier Via Order Date Ordered Date Delivered
idg-trading eBay 1.5mm solder braid 13/10/2011 17/10/2011
t-4-j eBay Soldering tweezers 13/10/2011 15/10/2011
pretty-pink-daisy eBay Flux pen 13/10/2011
nophead eBay Plastics 13/10/2011 15/10/2011
think3dprint3d_gmail eBay Microswitches 16/10/2011 18/10/2011
RepRapWorld RepRapWorld RAMPS 1.4 DIY Kit + 0.5kg pla filament 16/10/2011
Thingfarm Thingfarm Extruder hardware, J Head Nozzle Mk2, Prusa Hardware (T5) and Kapton Tape 16/10/2011
ruben-ikmaak IRC 5 Stepper motors - SY42STH47-1684A 18/10/2011

Out of the first batch of orders I was shocked by nophead's customer service, it was brillant I received a nice email confirming the dispatch, delivery times and a good luck message.
Another shocker was t-4-j, the tweezers were only about £3 with free delivery so I was expecting to get them this week. Nope they arrived at the same time as the plastics.

The braid I wasn't really too bothered about as its something I've never really used much, but thought it would be worth while.You don't get much for your money, althought that might have been due to me ordering the smallest width they sold.

I'm asured by eBay the flux pen has been dispatched as is on its way.

The microswitches where another prompt delivery, when I received the package I was expecting the flux pen, but I was pleasantly surprised it was the switches.

As for Thingfarm and RepRapWorld, I'm a little disappointed with them both.
After placing and paying for (via Paypal) my order I received an order confirmation from both. Thingfarm took it a little farther and confirmed my payment.
3 days later my orders still haven't changed status on either site, nor have a received an email from either.

I'm only disappointed as thingfarm had replied to any query I had within minutes of my sending it to them, so I was expecting a super speedy order processing.

If anyone from Thingfarm or RepRapWorld are reading this, I'm only disappointed because I personally can't wait to received your products. I feel like a child wanting for Santa during those long few weeks before Christmas. I have nothing against either company.

No comments:

Post a Comment