Thursday 10 November 2011

Quick update - misc items

The crimps and connectors from Hobbytronics arrived yesterday.

The loupe (20x18mm) and 0805 10k resistors arrived today, pretty damn good considering I only ordered them yesterday.

The difference a loupe makes is immense. From barely being able to read the 0805 rating to being able to see the individual pixels on my phone.
This means I can be 100% sure my soldering is on spot on (well as best I can achieve).

I would highly recommend anyone who is even considering soldering ramps themselves to budget for one and I consider it an essential if you choice to assembly the ramps yourself.
Seriously the difference it makes counters the very small cost of one.

Fingers crossed my new soldering iron tips will arrive tomorrow and I can resume the soldering.

No comments:

Post a Comment