Tuesday 1 November 2011

Still no electronics

I've not posted any updates in a while as I've not been able to make any progress.

I currently have a full frame, set of stepper motors and assembled extruder (including hot end), however I'm missing the electronics.

From my experience building computers one of the first things you learn is check everything works outside of the case. Its too easy to screw everything in and cable tie the wires in place, only to find one part doesn't work. Leading to dis-assembling the whole thing just to find the issue.

For this reason I've not fixed in any of the stepper motors or hot end.

I ordered the RAMPS Full DIY kit along with some PLA on 16th October . On the 22nd I sent an email asking for a quick update and recieved the following message:

Dear Joseph,

There was a little problem with the RAMPS board. I will shipp it Monday by priority airmail and you will receive it within a few days!

I am sorry for the inconvenience!

Martijn

Shortly followed by:

Ok! Thanks.

Your board is now fully tested!

Kind regards,

Martijn

So I was expecting the order to be shipped on the Monday (24th) and arriving within 3 to 5 days.

I kept checking the order status on RepRapWorld and it never changed.
Now 15 days after I placed my order the status is still the same as it was only a few minutes after placing my order.

Below is a screen shot of the order.
Note the order is still processing and was placed on the 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment