Thursday 13 October 2011

First blog, First post

Hi all,

As you may have guessed from the title this will be my first blog.

Why now? Why another reprap blog?


Well when I discovered Reprap I was amazed by the possibilities and cost of creating a 3d printer.
I've seen 3d printers before, but until I discovered Reprap they were always something I'd only own if I won the lottery.
After reading the introduction pages on the Reprap wiki and reading through the forums I thought I was almost ready to order the parts.
However in true newbie style I'd completely over looked some vital parts.

I posted on the official forums and the reaction to my post was a mixed some posting that I was lazy and other being very helpful.
As I learnt more about Reprap I thought back to my initial thoughts on the project and how mixed and messy it was to find the basic, get your own project going, information.

So I thought I would start a blog allow others to follow me through my personal project as well as offering a nice reference for anyone wanting to build there own Reprap.

No comments:

Post a Comment