Monday 24 October 2011

Stepper motors arrived and a few pictures

The stepper motors I brought from ruben-ikmaak on the #reprap IRC channel arrived today.

I did notice that instead of the €15 shipping I'd paid for he had shipped next day costing €20.
Its a little strange, but I think he might just have forgotten to send them on Wednesday/Thursday then panicked when I checked to make sure everything was OK via IRC on Friday (as its the day the box was marked as being sent).

I'm very, very impressed with Ruben. Not only is he a really nice guy to talk to, but he also did me an amazing deal on the motors. In fact I'm ashamed to say I think I cost Ruben money. As there was a slight issue with Paypal taking a larger cut then he expected and the fact he seemed to have shipped next day.

Ruben if your reading this and ever need anything just let me know and I'll repay the favour. Or if your in the UK and near me, I'll buy you a pint or four.

Anyway onto the photos. As I mentioned before I took some pictures last week but the quality was terrible (as I used my mobile). I did run into a little issue though, half way through taking the photos with my camera the flash seems to have fubar'd one of the sensors so the display and photos have a red tint.
Sort of looks like Riddick's vision on Pitch Black.


Stepper Motors
   
Micro Switches - Endstops

Flux pen

Soldering Tweezers

Soldering braid/wick

Unfortunately as my camera broke I don't have pictures of the plastics, but they do look identical to the ones on the eBay listings.
Its worth noting (I was going to photograph it) that all the pulleys have grub bolts/screws and nuts already in them. Another point for nophead :-p

Roll on tomorrow night. Finger crossed all the parts will have arrived by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment