Saturday 22 October 2011

Waiting, Anti-Climax and Delay

Waiting

The last 5 parts of my build, admittedly 4 of the big 5 needed to build a reprap, have been ordered and I'm patiently waiting for them.
I say patiently, its more like a child waiting for a birthday present.

Anyway the electronics,  hotend and hardware where all ordered on Sunday (16/10/2011). I was expecting them arrive ready for the weekend. That way would have 2 days to soldering, frame and extruder build.

I figured 2 to 3 days to process the order (they were all paid for via paypal when I ordered) and 2 to 3 days shipping. Leaving them arriving any time from Thurday onwards.

With all the trouble I had sourcing the stepper motors I was expecting those to be last. I contacted ruben-ikmaak on the #reprap IRC channel on Friday, he said they had been shipped and should be arriving in 2 to 3 business days.


Anti Climax

On Thurday I got an email from my sister (currently out of work) telling me a brown smallish package had arrived for me.
Great I thought that will be the electronics, so I borrowed a multimeter from work and walked home with a smile on my face.
I looked at the package and instantly thought it couldn't be the electronics. I was right it was just a non-reprap related cable.

On Friday I received a similar message from my brother (bruised the bone in his leg, so he's off school), largish package with my name on it. Again I got excited, borrowed the multimeter and waited for my shift to finish.
About an hour before I was due to leave I received another message, Oh it was just that item I ordered in your name.

Today I was planning on staying in waiting for the postman (as all 3 items are fairly large), however I was persuaded (with food) to go shopping.

As soon as I got back I checked for post or any packages which the postie might have put safe. Nope nothing.


Delay

I checked my order status on both Thingfarm and RepRapWorld, Thingfarm had the same message it had had all week Payment Accepted, RepRapWorld also had the same message it had had all week Order Processing.

I was a little concerned about this as apart from 8 extra bolts, washers and nuts added to the Thingfarm order, everything else had been in stock at the time I ordered.

So I sent an email to both Thingfarm and RepRapWorld (only few hours ago at around 6pm GMT+0).

Within an hour or so I got a reply from RepRapWorld.
There was a little problem with the RAMPS board. I will ship it Monday by priority airmail and you will receive it within a few days!

Not the best of news, but atleast they where making sure he board works and there wasn't any massive issues.

As I was righting this post I thought I best check to see if Thingfarm had replied. Nothing yet however I did get another message from RepRapWorld
Your board is now fully tested!

My reaction :-D

So fingers crossed by mid next week I'll be ready to start my build or soldering.

Depending on how soon the parts arrive I'll either start posting the build or post how I came to pick the other parts of my build.

No comments:

Post a Comment